Thanks for stopping by my shop! I'm Kathy, the owner and founder of Blush Box Curated Gifting. My passion and natural talent for creative gift giving is the driving force behind the Blush Box brand.
I started Blush Box as a way to cope with PTSD due to traumatic experiences I endured while serving in the Army. I needed to find a way to battle depression, extreme anxiety, fear and hypervigilance. As a former employee of Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) located at the Washington Navy Yard, I experienced the terrible shooting that took the lives of eleven co-workers. I desperately needed to find a way to channel the negative energy and experiences into something positive. I can assure you, being that close to death is not normal. So, I learned to cope and I am still learning because real healing is a journey and can take a long time.
I am an avid believer that we are placed on this earth for a special purpose. The value in life is discovering that purpose as you operate in your gift to make your contribution to the universe. I started this journey as active duty military officer and I have traveled all over the world, experienced different cultures and I have learned to appreciate the uniqueness of every human being.
I earned a Bachelor's degree in History Education and a Master's degree in Counselor Education from South Carolina State University; and an Executive Masters degree in Business Administration from Georgetown University.
I am an active member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
I am married to the most wonderful man on the planet! My husband, Lamar and I live in the Washington DC metro area with our toy poodle and lively companion Hershey.
Blush Box provides curated gift boxes using the most cutting-edge technology and personal one-on-one service. We pride ourselves on establishing an emotional tie to each client and we do that by carefully listening to client needs and helping to create a thoughtful gift that exceeds all expectations. Our passion and natural talent for creative gift boxes is the driving force behind our brand.
Blush Box is committed to creating a pleasant and stress -free shopping experience. We are a company of high moral character and truly believe in upholding ethical standards. We hold the following cultural norms in the highest regard:
- Our clients are always greeted with a virtual smile 🙂
- Our mission is to spread love and focus on the beauty of life
- Our boxes are carefully designed to generate positive energy
- Each box design is our way of establishing an emotional tie to our clients
- Our focus is to ensure our clients experience the fullness of life
- Our priority is to celebrate life’s experiences along the way
- Our company is true to its core beliefs, pure in thought and consciousness. Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—we celebrate those things.
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
- Woman-Owned Small Business
- Minority-Owned Small Business
- Minority Business Enterprise
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
- Small Business Reserve
- Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise